We've been busy over the last week or two. Well, I say "we" but I really mean Eric and Scruffy. I did my back in, which is now mostly better, and then I did something to my elbow. Which is still annoying me. So I've been supervising work at the allotment.
Yes a polytunnel!
It's attached to wooden stakes in each corner and the flap at the bottom edge is buried in the soil all around, so it should stay put even in the Scottish winter.
It's attached to wooden stakes in each corner and the flap at the bottom edge is buried in the soil all around, so it should stay put even in the Scottish winter.
It was easy to put together, Eric and I managed it ourselves (pre-back strain). Now we already have some lettuce growing in there quite happily. It has also saved us getting wet on several occasions!
The 'patio' is in the process of being relaid. We decided to knock off all the lumps of mortar on them, so they're more like new. It's a lot of hard work (mostly for Scruffy), but worth it as they're looking great when they go back down.
On the vegetable front we've had so many potatoes we've had to give some away to the neighbours, and the courgettes have continued to be great, with a steady supply. This is a weird round variety which is just recovering from the slugs.
The waterlily that I planted a wee bit ago is starting to take, and is getting a couple of new leaves.
And finally Eric made us a cheesecake, which I topped in blackcurrants from the allotment. It was the best cheesecake I've ever had, with no exaggeration or exceptions!














No comments:
Post a Comment