Join us on Patreon!

Join us on Patreon!
Join us on Patreon!

Friday, 24 July 2020

24 July

It's been a wee while again. I've never been very consistent with blogging.

First of all...

Stuffed courgette

Stuffed moregette with allotment potatoes.  It was delicious!  This is the reward for all the hard work.

Eric has also been making lavender cakes and biscuits, which are also just yummy.

Most of our time at the allotment recently has been weeding and watering. Fortunately it's been raining a bit more over the last week, so not so crucial to water on time.

Yesterday Kell and I worked on the path and patio area. We finished the wee path, and levelled the ground where the large bricks will go back. Hopefully we'll do that Sunday, but I managed to pull my back, so it may have to wait a while longer.

There's so much produce coming, and yesterday we harvested our first lettuce. But we've also got more courgettes, pumpkins, broccoli, onions, leeks, garlic, kale, lettuce, black currants, apples, rosemary, mint and lavender!  Not bad considering half the allotment is still under plastic.  Looking forward to next year when we can get the whole place into production. Especially if the polytunnel manages to survive the winter.
Actually I don't think I told you about the polytunnel - it's 3x2 meters and hopefully will go opposite the shed, at the bottom of the photo above. I'm hoping to do some winter salad in there and maybe a few potatoes. Although I think we probably have enough of those to last us most of the winter anyway!

I got a small waterlily for the pond - hopefully to provide some shade on the surface.  It should have very dark, nearly black flowers when it comes, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Here's some pics of what we're growing:


 






Of course we've had visits from our crow friends and the wee birds. 



Our allotment is not just about vegetables though, we also have some lovely flowers growing.



And lastly, here's an overview. It still doesn't look great, but compared to where we started (see first post), you can see a vast improvement. Next year will be even better!











No comments:

Post a Comment

19 April 2021

So, definitely not consistent with blogging. Sorry about that. The polytunnel was completely destroyed by Scotland's winter gales. I was...